Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Grand Canyon


Hi kid,
Today I am going to tell you about something that we will do together as soon as you are old enough. We are going to visit the Grand Canyon. It is a natural wonder in the southwest United States that everyone should see. I've been there a couple of times, but neither time was it very statisfying. Now I know why. Your mom and I were talking to a friend of hers at the store and the subject of the Grand Canyon came up, and she told about hiking through the canyon. She did it all in one day. I'm thinking about a family backpacking trip that might last about 4 days. I am very excited about it. The reason for hiking down to the bottom and then out the other side is to really experience the wonder of the place while getting away from the tourist traps around the rims on both sides.
I'm sure this will be a difficult trip, but will be adventurous and fun, too.
I can't wait!
Love, Aba

No comments: