Sunday, February 28, 2010

Catching Up


Hi Sidra,

I haven't written here for a while. You've been struggling to adjust to having a little sister around the house. It isn't anything obvious but more subtle differences in your behavior. It seems clear that you are seeking attention in different ways than before. You seem to be operating on the notion that negative attention is as satisfying as positive attention. I don't think you are trying to be devious in any way but you are trying some different things that try our patience.

I have to report one cute thing you did at the swimming pool a few weeks ago. There was a little boy about your age, maybe a little younger there. You were both staying pretty close to the stairs where you are tall enough to stand on your own. Actually, the other boy never went past the second step to the frustration of his grandmother. You asked him what his name was and he replied. I wasn't close enough to hear what he said. I asked you later if you knew what he said and you didn't, either. But you said, "I'm Sidra. S-I-D-R-A" I don't know what caused you to spell it out but it was really cute to hear you do that.

You've been having play dates with your friend Logan. You seem to get along really well with him. I haven't been present for one yet but both parents report that you play hard for 2 solid hours when your together and usually stay out of trouble. I guess it's good for you that he likes 'dress up.'

More later.......

love, aba.

No comments: