Saturday, July 02, 2011

Artistry





Hi Sidra,

This post is mainly to show off some of  your artwork  You have some skills in this area.  Some of the pictures shown here show some of your needlework that came home from school.  You are pretty good at it and very proud of your skills.  Your mom hung them on the wall while I was away.  When I came home the two of you were showing them off to me and you said "You should put that on my blog, dad."  You also did a still life drawing of a vase of flowers.   We were pretty astounded at the quality of the work.  It seems light years ahead of what you did just six months ago.

I think you know what the blog is because you hear your mom and I talking about it and I have showed it to you in order to show you which videos and pictures are on it.  After you said that my mind did a fast forward to the day when you want your own chronicle of your exploits and thoughts.  That will be ok but I'm keeping this one.  It has taken a lot of energy and thought to bring these stories on line but I've relished each contribution.

I should explain that the flowers in the vase is your still life subject for your drawing.  I am pretty amazed that you can do that at 4½ years old.  

The bike derby is next week!

Love, aba

No comments: