Sunday, October 01, 2006

Yom Kippor


Hi daughter.
Your mom and I talked some more about your name tonight, but we didn't come to a conclusion. So, I can't really call you by any name yet.
I can tell you this, though. You are going to be a Jewish girl. Your mom is Jewish so that puts you in the club automatically. I'm not in that club, but you girls are. Anyway, tonight begins an important Jewish holiday, Yom Kippor. It is the day of atonement, when everyone atones for their sins. You'll learn more about it when you're older. I brought that up because I wanted to tell you about something that I did for you the other day. We were at a store called Massada, which has a lot of Jewish items from Israel, which is the holiest of places for Jews. Your mother is lot more interested in these things than I am, but I try to keep up and know why certain things are important to her. While there, I noticed a cute Messusa(sp?). It is a small thing that is placed on the door to keep the room inside holy. It was pink, and austere, so I thought it would be a good one for your room. Your mom agreed, and so it is there ready for you when you arrive.
Today I went to see my mom participate in the Portland Marathon. I think I told you about it. Anyway, the picture here is one I took of one of your brother's socks while I was there.
I might not write to you for the next couple days because I am going to be away from the house for a few days. I work a long way from here and sometimes I stay near my work to reduce the driving. But I'll be thinking about you.......
love, aba

No comments: