Sunday, January 07, 2007

Welcome!




See, I told you it would be different once you were born. You're now over a week old and it's the first chance I've had to write a new entry. You've been keeping us pretty busy.
Anyway, you were born on 29 December 2006 at 12:46pm. You weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and were 19.5 inches long. It was a pretty amazing experience. At 10 am, you were in your mom's uterus and drinking aminotic fluid. Three hours later you were on the outside breathing air like everyone else.
My son Chris reminded me today that I've always said that new born babies are never attractive. Well, you are the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I admit that being your dad, I have bias, but many people who have seen you or seen your picture have the same assessment. And you are an extremely good baby so far, too. You're not too fussy, only when you are hungry, and you make the sweetest music when you are being held and either sleeping or falling asleep. You are hard to sleep next to, however. Half the time you are asleep you are a little wiggly worm, squirming constantly. So that keeps the person trying to sleep next to you awake.
The surgery that your mom had to have for you to come out is not that pleasant. So you were probably three days old before she actually changed your diaper. I had that honor, almost exclusively during that time. That's not to say your mom wasn't doing anything for you, she was doing your feedings, which weren't that easy to do.
Today, as I write this, I have to stay away from you. I have been mildly sick for the last 24 hours or so, and you don't have a very good immune system yet, so I need to keep my germs away from you. It's no fun not holding you and changing your diaper. I have to keep my distance until I start feeling better.
The top and bottom pictures here were taken on the day you were born. The middle one is after a bath when you were just over a week old.
I'm so happy you are finally here, and healthy. We have a lot to look forward to in watching you grow.
love, aba

No comments: