Sunday, May 13, 2007

Big Weekend




Sidra,
It was a big weekend of new things for you. First, on Saturday you had your first ride in the trailer behind the bike. I can't tell you how proud I am to be the first to take you on a bike ride. Actually your mom and I both took you, but the trailer was attached to my bike. I'm not sure how much you can see from the trailer, but I could see you inside the trailer if I craned my neck, and I am very excited to be able to take you on short errands by bicycle. I really don't like driving the car unless absolutely necessary and I want you to grow up thinking that the best way to get somewhere is under your own power, instead of riding in a car. So, that was huge. Your mom was riding nearby the trailer, and since she could be alongside you, she could probably see what you were up to a lot better than me.
The second thing was that on Sunday was your first Mother's day. So your mom got to choose the activity for the day. We first went to the Wildwood Cafe near Brightwood for breakfast. I don't know if I should say first, because it was 10:30 when we got there and your mom and I were both very hungry by then. After that we went on a hike on the Salmon River trail. It is a beautiful trail through an old growth forest and along a wild and scenic river. You rode in the backpack which I carried. Hopefully you won't remember too much because you finished the hike in a miserable state. You were both pretty cold and pretty hungry. Also, we hadn't pulled you out of the backpack anywhere on the trip, and you might have been uncomfortable because of that, too. Anyway, you let us know about it for the last 15 minutes of the hike and it took quite a while to get you calmed down when we got back to the car.
I can't finish without saying that my completely biased opinion is that the two gals in the bottom photo must be the most beautiful ladies on the planet.
love, aba

No comments: