Monday, December 22, 2008

Channuka


Hi Sidra,
It's the second night of Channuka, and you've been thrilled by it so far. Last year, I didn't write about it because it seemed like your first birthday was the bigger event at that time of the year. This year it's been quite a different story. In fact, last night when we were trying to go to sleep you were a complete chatterbox. You were talking about lighting candles, latkes, Channuka gelt, the shamish, happy Channuka, and of course, presents. You were just going on and on about it. Although I still have to report that while you gave much talk to latkes, you refused to eat any. I think that will change eventually.

Some of the gifts you have opened so far are: a nice set of long underwear, the Hefelump Movie DVD which you watched later, a very nice wooden Menorah with wooden candles (can be seen in one of the pictures) from your Aunt Jane and Uncle David, and a set of tinker toy type things.

Then today, since this was one of the few times you'll ever be able to use them right in the driveway, we gave you your first skis. You were luke warm about them, sort of the way you are with the sled. You are pretty much a daredevil most of the time, but sledding and skiing don't thrill you as much, I suspect because you don't have as much control as you'd like. But you will gain that control, I'm sure.

There are two pictures here that I really like. The one with you and your mom looking out the window past the Menorah just knocks my socks off. My two beautiful girls in a gorgeous pose. I really like the one of you marveling at the candles burning in your Menorah too.

Well, there are many more nights of Channuka left, and there is good chance there will be more to write about before it's over.

Love, aba


No comments: