Sunday, December 13, 2009

Channuka 5770 (2009)


hi sidra,

we are in the middle of channuka 5770 and I wanted to share some things with you about it.
Mostly about your great ability to receive gifts. It is really easy to get gifts and you are developing quite the appetite for it. I hope that you will mature into a good gift giver as well.

The video doesn't have a very good picture quality but you will see yourself opening a gift that is not a toy and quickly tossing it aside. I guess that's not uncommon for a kid your age. On the other hand, you did do something pretty cool with a gift you got from tante Debbie. It was a book. Even in the frenzy of gift opening, you paused to hop on the couch and quickly look through it. Your mother and I were both pretty surprised and pleased by that. A fun detail about the book is that the main character is named Cary, just like me. Although she is a girl.

You've also been receiving a really cool magazine. It's called National Geographic for Kids. You are seen reading it while sitting on the toilet in one of the pictures here. It has some pretty cool stuff in it and you surprised us the other night by recalling something that was in it. Jeopardy was on TV and one of the contestants answered 'Botswana.' You repeated it and said it was in your magazine. Then you picked up the magazine and showed us the reference. Neither of us remembered that part of the magazine although we'd both read it to you.

In the video I took the liberty of dubbing in one of my favorite rock 'n' roll guitar solos over what your guitar was playing. I preferred the Golden Earring riff to Britney Spears. If you listened carefully you can still be heard saying "Look at me, Jen" and "It's like a real guitar!"

Happy Channuka,

Love, Aba.

No comments: