Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Hi Sidra,

It is actually a few weeks since Halloween. I've been pretty busy with our Homecoming/Spirit week at school and volunteering for a couple of local candidates in the recent election. We did have fun on Halloween, though.
You were dressed as Dorothy of Kansas (Wizard of Oz character) and I dressed as the Tin Man. Your mom dressed as Glenda the good witch for a costume party the week before Halloween. We got your costume several weeks before Halloween but had to hide it from you after a couple of days because you kept putting it on and taking it off. The sequins were all falling off, too. You chose the costume after seeing it in a Target catalog that came in the Sunday paper. We even had ruby slippers for you. You and I went Trick or Treating around the neighborhood for and hour or so. You started like you'd just been given a shot of adrenaline and then eventually slowed down and even said you were ready to go home.
I was a little disappointed with your etiquette. You weren't that good about saying thank you and weren't that patient in letting your companion from next door, Jo-Jo, ring the doorbell or knock his share of the time. I will have to remember to have a little training session with you about what I expect from you in that regard.
In the video you and I sing a line from "Over the Rainbow" and I do little bit of the Tin Man's song. The camera person can be heard laughing over my song. I know I'm not a good singer but I did it for you, not for my own ego.
There's also a picture of you here with your friend Logan at the pumpkin patch. We had a good time there, too. The two of you went with me through the hay bale maze (basically a twisty dark tunnel with a low ceiling). Both of you were ready to turn back as soon as we got in far enough that no light from the entrance could be seen. I said we were in too deep and had to keep going and you guys held hands and boosted each others courage until we got out. It was a little more challenging than last year because I forgot to bring a headlamp and we only had the light of a cell phone to go on.
There's also a picture of you picking apples with Grandpa. You know, he is always willing to play with you and even gets down on his knees to get in the game. On this trip he even let you ride him like a horse!
The last picture is from our last family bike ride. We went this way: I pulled Shira in the trailer, mom rode her bike and you rode behind her on the trail a bike. Anyway, I thought it was cool how your hair is standing up as you go down the slide.

Channuka is coming.........

Love, aba







No comments: