Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Doctor



Hi Sidra,
you had another visit to the Doctor today. You got two shots, immunizations, one in each leg. You didn't like it too much, and began screaming immediately. One of the vaccines may give you a fever later on tonight. You took some painkiller before we took you to the doctor, and some more after we got home. Right now you are about an hour and a half into a nap. You seem to be doing OK considering the pain you were obviously in. It's hard on us, because we know that it is going to hurt you to get the injection, but the medicine is important.
You have been very good at sleeping so far. I just talked to my friend who has a son who is about 4 months older than you and he rarely sleeps more than 2 hours. You usually sleep from about 11pm to 5 or 6am, sometimes 7am. We are really glad that you are doing so well at sleep. Your mom likes to feed you when you wake in the morning, then go back to sleep until 9 or 10am. I usually get up about 7 and stay up. It gives me some quiet time in the morning to get some things done. That is, now that I am not going to work I get up at 7, if I were going to school that day, I would be rising about 4am anyway. But I am on paternity leave, and don't have to go back to work until April 30.
You rolled over for the first time yesterday! I was so surprised that I didn't get it on video, and tried to get you to do it again. So far, you haven't repeated the feat, but I'm sure you will. I think it was a skill thing, because when you did it, it didn't seem to take much effort. When you don't do it, you struggle until you get frustrated and have a tantrum. I think you are strong enough to do it at any time, you just haven't learned the right way to focus your strength.
You have been getting better at grabbing things with your hands, too. You are sort of starting to be able to grab something on purpose. Before, you could hold something we put in your hand, but now you are becoming able to reach and grab something. If you get a hold of anything, you pull it straight to your mouth. I guess that your mouth is your best investigative tool right now. You seem to have more control over your mouth than anything else.
We made a fun video yesterday, for your cousin Sara's birthday. It's posted at this link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5182724151536713629&hl=en
Well, now you've been asleep for almost 2 hours. I'm going to let you sleep, you've had a big day, and you will be much better tomorrow if you've rested.
Love, aba

No comments: