Monday, November 09, 2009

You're a Big Sister.

Hi Sidra,

you became a big sister today as your little sister Shira was born. You didn't get to see her yet, except in pictures and videos I brought home. You spent the day with Nancypants and your cousin Rachel and aunt Deb Cohen. When I finally got home you were in pretty good spirits and well fed. We sat down and watched a video of your mom nursing baby Shira and she told you she missed you and that you should get to bed early so you could get up to go to school tomorrow.
The hospital won't allow you to come to visit your mom and sister because of precautions related to the swine flu. You are asleep now, but we expect that you will be up and come into bed with me sometime during the night. We know that in your drowsiness you will ask for your mommy and she won't be there. That's why I came home to spend the night with you instead of Tante Debbie. So that one of your parents will be here.
I was pleased with your interest in the pictures of your mom and sister. I think you have some big adjustments ahead but you are going to be a good sister and I'm already proud of you because of it. Of course, when the family is all home things may be different than I expect.

Love,
aba

No comments: