Sunday, November 08, 2009

Happy Halloween



Hi Sidra,

You got a little more serious about Halloween this year. You had a cool ladybug costume that your mom bought you and you anticipated the event for quite a while. In fact, you had a streak of several days in a row where you asked me if I would dress up like a cheerleader to go trick or treat with you. That was because I had played the part of a cheerleader in my schools annual lip synching contest. I had to tell you several times that I couldn't because I had to return the costume. I suggested that I could probably dress as a rock star with some of the things I had left from the year before. So then your question became 'will you be a star?' It's hard to turn that request down so that's what you see in the pictures. We're even getting the thumbs up from uncle Aaron.
You've been challenging us lately by being pretty stubborn. You don't really want to comply with our requests so you sort of act like you aren't hearing us or even say outright that you don't want to do something. We are working letting you know what our limits are. One clever way you have learned to negotiate is with the phrase, 'but not right now.' Unfortunately for you sometimes we have to counter that with a 'yes, right now.'
I am interested to know what I'm going to write about you in the next post because your little sister is going to be born tomorrow and your life will change a lot. We believe you will be a good big sister eventually, but are expecting some rough spots for you in the coming weeks. I hope it's not too rough. I expect you and I are going to spend a lot of time together in the near future because neither one of us will be able to feed your sister for a while, only your mom will be able to and you and I are going to need to give your mom and your sister some space to do that.

more soon,

love, aba

No comments: