Monday, August 02, 2010

More Summer Stuff

Hi Sidra,

Here I thought that during the summer I would be able to write a new blog post every week. Well, with both of you wanting attention it's hard to sit down to any quiet task for more than a minute or two. Many's the email that took 5 attempts to complete.

Here's some photos of your work on your dry erase easel. These are actually about a month and a half old. The way you draw yourself is a little different now. I took these pictures because it was the first time I'd seen you draw yourself. I thought it would be fun to compare them to later drawings. In the one that shows the whole family I drew the other people and you drew yourself. The one which has only you in the picture you did without any advice from me. In the one with the family you asked me about or I suggested some embellishments.

In the fourth photo I am hoping that our adult readers can suggest a caption without any background. I find the picture quite amusing and I think it would be interesting to see what others can say about what is happening there.

In the video, you and I are on the tilt a whirl ride at Oaks Park. I held the camera facing you while we rode. I have to explain that while it seems like you were pretty edgy about being on the ride that footage is only of the first 20 seconds or so when the operator was just warming us up. It was lucky that I chose to shut off and stow the camera right when I did because the operator tripled the speed just then. We both got off the ride wobbly from all the spinning. That was the most intense ride we went on. One other one that got you a little worked up was the balloon ride which took us up pretty high and spun, but not like the tilt a whirl.

We're getting ready to visit our Massachusetts family. You are pretty fired up about the trip. We are a little worried about how two little girls will handle a cross country plane ride. I'm sure there will be a lot to tell about the trip.










Love, Aba

No comments: